Wednesday, April 1, 2009

you take away my oxygen...

...but I don't need to breathe.

oh, what an amazing day. I must say that Cape Town is one of the most beautiful and amazing cities I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. the day consisted of a tour, the beach, an amazing breakfast with live local music, some great ice cream, a free jazz festival, some boutique shopping (and a cute new dress!), a few beers with fellow travelers, getting to meet up with a few people from our GAP tour and a fantastic dinner. we're now getting ready to spend a night on Long Street...the local hot spot for bars, clubs and evening excitement. it should be a fun night, and sadly it's a bit unexpectedly my last night here in wonderful Cape Town.
I'm spontaneously flying across the country to Durban tomorrow afternoon to spend two extra days there. I feel like I didn't get enough time to do all the things I wanted to do and to be honest I was a bit disappointed when Tristan couldn't fly down to CT...so, yeah. I'll just fly to Durban instead. oh, and I get to spend one more day with Andrew/Doug. it's a win/win.
so, I have a bit less than 48 hours in wonderful Durban and then I fly to Johannesburg for my last day and a half in Africa...for now.
who knows...I might be back sooner than expected. but really...when it comes to me, can you really expect anything?
okay. time to get this night moving. it's after 11, the clubs are filling up and we need to dance.
=D
oh, and I'm going to be super fashionable with my one ear plug. the swelling in my ear is pretty under control (thanks to lots of medicine) and I feel quite a bit better than I did two days ago. I'll play it safe tonight since I'm not really sure if I should even be flying tomorrow.

I have a feeling that these are going to be an amazing last few days in Africa. lets hope they live up to my biased expectations.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment