Thursday, April 9, 2009

chun ruk meu-ung tai!!!

obviously meaning "I love Thailand!" well...at least that's the way it sounds. it looks a lot more like squiggles and wiggles than actual words to me.

so...we arrived safely and after a bit of an added adventure. our bags weren't lost and we are in Thailand...so there's nothing to complain about.

I just thought I'd throw in a clip from my journal tonight. I'll elaborate a bit more later on my first few hours in Bangkok.

9/4/09 Flying into Bangkok, Thailand

the ocean goes on forever, but then it ends...as all endless oceans do. the stunning blue crashes into a sudden wall of green as far as the eye can see. this world is a collection of patchwork farms craftily cut and sewn into the quilted earth below. serpentine rivers wind from the edges of the ocean hunting for the gem of a city buried within the land ahead. the rivers weave themselves through fields divided, fields aflame, and fields of the greenest green while dodging the sprinkle of houses. but this sight is just an appetiser. the green is overwhelming...
and then, without warning, it was there.
"welcome" it said.
highways and railways follow tributaries to the hustle and bustle of a city full of life and activity. it sits proudly on the edge of the country clutching golden capped temples that call quick attention to the eye from even a mile above.
Bangkok.
following the excitement we are led into a quick, wet landing that suddenly puts ground under my feet that I can hardly wait to explore.
the sun comes out only for an instant as if to say "go...do it".
and I will.
oh, I will.

*************************************************************
all I have to say for now is that it's incredibly humid, hot, busy, easy to get lost, mesmerizing and the food is AMAZING!
but now it's after midnight and time for bed.
I could really use some sleep after the past few days.
<3

"the traveler sees what he sees...
the tourist sees what he came to see."

"you only live once,
but if you do it right then once is enough."

"everything is always okay in the end.
and if it's not okay then it's not the end."

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it there alright- adventures just add spice to the trip!! Enjoy that awesome food! Those Quotes at the end of post are classic, and your journal writing is so descriptive and elaborate! Lovin it! <3

    ReplyDelete