Thursday, April 16, 2009

ชอบ ความมีชีวิตชีวา

"love life"

okay...super quick update. I have to leave for my 3 day hilltribe trek in like 15 minutes.
I'm all packed and ready to go early so I figured I'd hop on here and tell whats been happening.

so the last time I updated I was about to go to the night market. well, we went and got some really good food, walked around a bit, shopped a bit and then walked back. mellow night overall.

the next day we got up early and headed to a really famous 7 tier waterfall nearby. you have to hike to each tier, so Marissa and I hiked all the way up to the top before hiking back down to tier 5 and swimming for a bit. I did some super slippery mossy bouldering problems and almost broke myself...but I pulled it off clean and was really happy with it. we hiked back down and got some lunch after a bit.
then we took a truck taxi to the Tiger Temple where we got to play with the tiger cubs, take pictures with all kinds of tigers, I got to walk a tiger for a second and we got to watch them wrestle and play. it was great even though our guide is an idiot (really...he's terrible) and forgot to mention that we can't wear shorts, tank tops, bright clothing or have thinks hanging off us...like big earrings or jewelry. we all had to buy new clothes and were pretty peeved.
after that we went back to the hotel for a bit and then I went to dinner with two lovely english girls and a cool english boy. a simple trip to a restaurant turned into a binge eating expedition after the food was so absolutely mind blowing. we each got two entrees, shared a bunch of snacks and had two desserts each as well. there were drinks mixed up in-between and I've never been so full in my life! it was great though.
afterwards I went with one of the english girld for my first Thai massage. we both got foot massages and they were to die for. I can't even explain what an hour massage can do for you. I can't wait to get a full bosy massage!!!!!! and to think it's only $3 or $4 for an hour. oh man. soooooo good. when it was dome we were so relaxed that we just went to bed. and for good reason. it was after 11 and we had a super long day.
the next day we got up early and took a series of local busses into another city...can't think of the name at the moment...where we wandered around and explored old temple ruins for the day. we got to see baby elephants playing in the water and big elephants being used as taxi's. it was neat. we stopped by a HUGE buddah temple and then went to our day use hotel to clean up and then head to our overnight sleeper train. the train was almost an hour late...naturally...but we all made it on and got our cool folding beds. haha. it was sure an experiance. everyone but my three englush friends and I had a LOT to drink and found themselves falling all over the bumpy train. we...being the youngest of the group...thought it was a bit ironic that a whole group of adults could act so silly when we were actimg so mature. haha. we all just talked and laughed the night away, and at the end I gave Tristan a surprise call and fell peacefully asleep.
for about half an hour. haha. it was a REALLY bumpy train.
oh, by the way...I can receive texts but can't send them for some reason. don't be sad when I don't reply! haha.
so...we made it ChaingMai safely and three hours late, checked into the hotel and relaxed for a little while. I stayed back with my two female english friends while the rest of the group learned how umbrellas and silver were made. we took a tuk tuk into town and wandered the old city instead...taking in the buildings, food, markets and temples. it was amazing. we caught a ride to a local shopping area and ended up finding the neatest and cheapest boutique where we all got a few things. I'm a few items of clothing heavier and a bit more broke...but it's all in the name of travel so I'll survive. =D
we went back, went for a swim at the hotel and met with the group and our trekking guide that night. afterwards we all walked down to the night market/ChaingMai Baazar and hung out there for the night. I opted to try eating some bugs...so I've now tried crickets, grasshoppers and silkworms. the hoppers were okay but the worms were disgusting! I got some cool presents at the market and then we all wandered into a gas station for water (for the trek) and then went back to the hotel and packed.
so...I leave in less than 5 minutes. I need to run. I'll be hiking, staying in villages, riding elephants, bamboo river rafting and eating local food for the next three days. I'm super excited!

I miss everyone and can't wait to come back here and tell you all about my upcoming adventure!
<3

1 comment:

  1. hey jenn sounds like ur havin an amazin time overseas man am i jealous as hell that your getttin to experience all this travelin without me ='( next time me and you are gonna top this trip somehow.. im thinkin we do europe italy and all those continents =D well hope everythings great and be safe!! miss ya

    ReplyDelete