Wednesday, March 25, 2009

they say that love goes anywhere...


this keyboard is really sticky, missing a few keys and most of the letters are rubbed off so please overlook spelling errors. I'll do my best but I only have so much time.


straight from my journal:

24/3/09 9:33pm
somehow, in my heart, I always knew that coming to Africa could change my life. oh, how little did I know. and here...and now...even if my wildest dreams can't work their way into an actual reality, I at least know this...
I am a dreamer.
and I hope I always will be.

"you would kill for this
just a little bit
just a little bit
you would..."

life is just more beautiful in technicolor fairy tales and whimsical dreams.

and to any who might not understand a life of spontaneity and careless dreaming...I'm so sorry.
I could never manage a black and white lifestyle with so many beautiful colors pulling me every which way.
I'd rather drown in color, in hopes, in dreams, in love than be forced to stay in the lines. ever.

'goodnight Durban <3'


update:
Durban had more to offer than I could have ever asked for or imagined. I'm head over heels, and even now...hundreds of kilometers away...my mind is still spinning. I have a feeling that it might be for a while.
yesterday was perfect. woke up early, did laundry (my new favorite luxury), and started my day. Marissa and I took surfing lessons, which was amazing. I got the hang of it right away and was standing and riding waves by my third try. by the end I was practicing paddling into the wave all by myself and riding it in. it was great! I'll definitely give it another try as soon as possible.
Tristan drove back into Durban in the afternoon to visit me and we ran some errands, got some coffee, checked out the 'wave pool' where people practice surfing, got in a bit of rock climbing, I got to meet his sister and eventually we ended up on the beach enjoying the night and the stunning views of the city.
words don't do this day any justice.

today we were up by 5 and ready to catch the Baz Bus (SA backpackers bus) by 6ish. the bus came just before half past 6 and we were on our way down the coast and eventually into Coffee Bay...my current beautiful home away from home. I love it here. enough said. we got here just in time to do a sunset drive to the top of a cliff and we got to watch the sun set over the rolling hills while beautiful turquoise waves crashed into the rocky beaches two hundred feet below. it was magnificent. I wish I could share it with so many people...but for now I'll just enjoy it for me. thats what this trip is all about right?

I feel like taking a quick hike down to the beach. I have a lot on my mind and I think that having some sand between my toes and wind in my hair is bound to help me clear my head.
goodnight world.

**************************************************
and thank you for such an amazing, life changing, few days.
don't forget me.
or our reckless dreams.
<3

1 comment:

  1. sweet! now u can teach me how to surf ;)

    seriously every update u post brings a smile to my face- so glad you're enjoying this so much!!!

    ReplyDelete