Thursday, March 12, 2009

I feel like walking the world, like walking the world

this will be quick, but I'll come back and finish it tomorrow.
I'm currently in Mozambique in a hut right on the Indian Ocean. It's breathtaking.
I'm sitting in a bar/internet cafe with my bathing suit on, sand in my toes and my hair dripping down my back. I was just catching some massave waves a few minutes ago.
the ocean is a beautiful 25-27 degrees celcius and I get to go swimming with whale sharks tomorrow. I'm passing on scuba diving so I don't hurt my ears again, but I really wish I could go. the reefs here are supposed to be some of the best in the world. maybe I'll get the surgery to fix my ears and come back. =D
so...I'm safe, I'm happy, I'm tired, I'm learning, I'm living and I'm having the time of my life.
I've been keeping a journal and I'll put some clips of entries online tomorrow so people can get a glimpse of my world lately.
I can't even begin to explain how much I feel like I've changed and how much I've grown as a person in this last week. maybe tomorrow I'll try and explain better.
my mind is swimming in lack of sleep. this whole going to bed at midnight or one and waking up at 4:30 thing is really killing me. we hit the road every day at like 6. we finally have a few days here to rest and I plan on taking advantage of it.
well...they're closing here and I think it's dinner time.
oh, and there don't seem to be outlets anywhere. everything i own is dead...cell phone, ipods, laptop. I need power!!!!

I'm in the middle of nowhere and it's amazing!!!!
=D
okay. getting kicked out. I have to pay my miticais and get out of here.

4 comments:

  1. this sounds so overly amazing. i have to do this some day. and i envy you for being able to have hair dripping down your back as your toes are covered with sand. i'm glad to read you're doing well and hope you continue to do so. have fun and good luck finding your outlet. lol

    -brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. kev- every day I've been walking around singing that song (by K.T. Tunstell or whomever). it's a bit of my trip anthem. I think everyone should listen to it while reading my blog!!!!
    =D

    Brian- which brian?! sorry guys, but it's hard to know who is leaving me these messages if you don't leave them with your profile or leave a last name/clue as to who you are. kay, thanks. hahaha

    ReplyDelete